Tuesday, October 4, 2011

New shrimp CRS

I just got these new shrimp this Sunday, I've been admiring them for months and finally decided to get my self some, they are all A grades, some V bands and Tiger tooth as well, they are patterns the shrimp have. I need to save up for a chiller before the temperature rises to much, they don't like to go above 14 degrees so that will be hard in my Brisbane Summer! They aren't really energy efficient though :( I'm hoping the energy I save by using the soil and not manufactured chemicals will of set some of that, I'll have to try insulate the tank as well. Here are some pictures of them, they are much more agile and graceful than the red cherry shrimp.

I wish I could have gotten better pictures, looks like I may have the start of a green water algae bloom! I'll have to try find some willow branches.

No comments:

Post a Comment